Partner specialized in public law, with focus on the activities of
control bodies (such as the court and Federal Audit Tribunal),
regulatory agencies and the Administrative Council for Economic
Part-time professor in the undergraduate and LL.M. programs in
regulation at the Rio de Janeiro School of Law of Getulio Vargas
Foundation (FGV Direito Rio), since 2013.
· Doctorate in Public Law from the University of Paris
(Panthéon-Sorbonne) and University of Roma (Sapienza), along with
postdoctoral research at Harvard Law School and MIT School of
Economics and Finance.
· LL.M. from the London School of Economics and Political
· LL.M. in Economic Law from the University of São Paulo
· Bachelor of Las from Bahia Federal University (UFBA).
· Was a visiting researcher at Yale Law School in the United
States and fellow at the Max Planck Institutes in Heidelberg and
· Has practiced with large law firms in São Paulo and London.
· Was legal assistant in compared law with the Council of State
of France in Paris.
· Author of the book Controle Judicial de uma Administração
Pública Complexa [“Judicial Control of a Complex Public
Administration”], São Paulo, Malheiros, 2016, 693p.
· Author of the book Le Juge et l’Administration: entre le
contrôle et la déférence [“The judge and the Administration:
Between control and deference”], Brussels: Bruylant, 2016, 630p.
· Author of the book Restrições Regulatórias à Concorrência[“Regulatory Restrictions on Competition”], Belo Horizonte: Fórum,
· Author of the book Repensando a Teoria do Abuso de Direito[“Rethinking the Theory of Abusive Exercise of Rights”], Salvador:
JusPodivm, 2006. 149p.
· Coordinator, together with Fredie Souza Didier Jr., of the book
Teoria do Processo: Panorama doutrinário mundial ” [“Theory of
Procedure: Global panorama of the doctrine”], Salvador: JusPodivm,
2007. v. 1. 1006p.
· Author of many articles in the area of public law.
Lattes Résumé available at the link:
· Winner of the Levy-Ullman Award, given annually by the
Chancellerie des Universités de Paris for a leading thesis in the area
of compared law (2014).
· Finalist for the Jabuti Award (with book Controle Judicial de
uma Administração Pública Complexa), Câmara Brasileira do Livro
· Has participated as speaker at many conferences, seminars and
courses on public law, in Brazil and abroad.
· Fluent in Portuguese, English, Spanish, French and Italian.